3 Methods You Can Use to Track Your PhoneThere are many apps available for download on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store, just like HR consultant use HR technology to track their employees. This blog will focus on some of the most popular apps available today, that you can use to track your phone. Tracking your phone now is easier than ever. That said, you should also be prepared by regularly backing up your data. Some phones also have special security features you can use, in case your phone is lost or stolen. Protecting your phone data is important. Your personal information, in the wrong hands, can have dire consequences. Let’s take a look at 3 ways you can track your phone:
1. Find My iPhone by AppleApple has developed a dedicated built-in app feature for its iPhones. If your iPhone is lost you are able to easily track it through the iCloud website. Here is how it works. In your iPhone settings, go to your iCloud settings. From there, turn on the “Find my iPhone” feature. Once the feature is on, you will be able to locate your device remotely. Now, whenever you need to track your device, here is what you need to do. Open the iCloud website. Log into the same iCloud account, you are logged in with on the iPhone. From the home screen, launch the “Find my iPhone” feature. This will take you to a page where you will be able to see a list of your connected devices. From the drop-down menu, select the iPhone you want to track. The feature will be able to provide you with the exact location of your device. There are some additional features you can use in case of theft.
2. Find My Mobile by SamsungLike Apple, Samsung has developed an app feature built-in to their devices. If your Samsung is lost, here is what you can do. First, make sure your device settings are ready to use this feature. Go into your Samsung smartphone settings. In settings, look under the Accounts Tab and select “Samsung Account”. You will need to log in, or create a new account if you don’t have one already. Now your phone is ready to use this feature.
When you want to track your Samsung device, here is what you need to do. From any computer or device, go to the Find My Mobile website (www.findmymobile.samsung.com). On the home screen, you will be prompted to log in using your Samsung Account credentials. Once you are logged in, select the mobile device you want to track from the dashboard and select the “Locate My Mobile” feature. Now you can view the location of your phone or device in real-time.
3. Find My Device by GoogleApple and Samsung have developed features for finding their particular brand of devices. Google has made it possible to find your lost phone, irrespective of brand. As long as it uses an Android platform, which it most likely does, you can use this feature. Before you are able to use this feature, you will need to download the app from the Google Play Store. Search for “Find My Device” and you will be able to see the app. If you don’t want to download the app, you can also go into your device security settings and turn on the “Remotely Locate This Device” feature. Now, whenever you want to find your device, all you have to do is go to the Find My Device website and log in using the same credentials as you are using on your device. After logging in, select the device you want to track and Google’s interface will locate it for you. You will be able to zoom, like in Google maps, and pinpoint the exact location of your phone. In addition to locating your phone, Google gives you some added security features. From the website, you are remotely able to clear the phone memory and data, lock the phone and let it ring. While these features are great for finding your phone, they will need it to be connected to the internet. Your phone will probably stay connected when it’s close to your smart home devices or work networks. When not close by, however, these features will require generous amounts of data. Make sure that your device has a data plan and that your data usage is switched on.
How to find a lost phone?To find lost phone, all 3 methods explain above, follow the step-by-step guide to track your phone.
How to track lost mobile with IMEI number?Phone search by IMEI is as follows:
- A request is submitted to law enforcement authorities (documents for the telephone are also provided there);
- Law enforcement authorities submit requests to mobile operators (together with IMEI);
- Cellular operators look for the device in their databases and find out who owns the SIM card that is installed in this device;
- The obtained data are sent to law enforcement agencies for further proceedings.