The biggest fear a man can have about his aesthetic appearance is going bald. If you ask a person suffering from hair loss about his biggest fear, his answer will be baldness. Sooner or later, you will experience hair loss that can have various causes. But no matter what the cause is, what’s done is done. Now you must look for a solution that can save you from losing hair forever. Several hair loss solutions and products are available in the market but none of them is as effective as hair transplant.
Hair transplant is a permanent and safe solution that restores hair growth completely and stops hair loss in the future as well. People willing to get a hair transplant in Dubai have numerous questions popping in their head.
In this blog, we have discussed 10 frequently asked questions about hair transplantation.
Hair Transplant FAQs
Here’s a list of some commonly asked question;
- In what way hair transplant works?
- Is hair transplantation an efficient option?
- How long does it take for the hair to regrow after the hair transplantation?
- Is this procedure painful or not?
- Does this hair restoration technique carry any side-effects?
- Can females opt for this hair restoration surgery?
- What about results? Do they look natural or not?
- What about hair transplant results? Is it permanent or not?
- How to take care of transplanted hair after the surgery?
- Is there any chance of scarring due to hair transplant?
Now let’s answer these FAQs in a simple way.
1. In what way hair transplant works?
It works by extracting hair follicles from the donor area and inserting them into the recipient area. The donor area is most commonly the back of the scalp and recipient area can be any region of the scalp that needs hair. The incisions are made at the recipient area for the hair implantation of extracted hair grafts. The surgeon then implants the hair follicles in the incisions made at the right angle. The whole surgery is performed under local anesthesia so that you don’t feel any pain.
Here, you should know that hair transplant can be performed by using two main techniques. First is known as FUT hair transplant and the other is called FUE hair transplant in Dubai. In FUT procedure, a strip of hair is cut from the back of the scalp which is then dissected under the microscope to obtain the required number of grafts. The harvested hair grafts are then inserted at the targeted area. The incisions made at the donor area for the strip are closed with the help of stitches.
However, in FUE hair transplant technique, a punch tool is used to extract hair follicles individually from the donor area. These collected hair grafts are then inserted at the recipient area without the need for cutting and stitching.
2. Is hair transplantation an efficient option?
Yes, hair transplant is an effective solution if an experienced and board-certified hair transplant surgeon performs the treatment. Hair transplantation also has a high success rate.
3. How long does it take for the hair to regrow after the hair transplantation?
The hairs start growing within 3 months of the surgery but it takes almost a year to see 75% of hair regrowth. And in 15 to 18 months your head will be full of hair just like you dreamt of.
4. Is this procedure painful or not?
Yes, it is. Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that causes pain. However, this pain can be dealt with. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia so that you don’t feel any pain during the procedure. But after the procedure, you will experience pain that can be tackled with pain medication.
5. Does this hair restoration technique carry any side-effects?
Generally, a hair transplant is not a risky treatment and has minimal side-effects. You might experience redness, pain, itching or dryness after the treatment but all these conditions are temporary. If you keep your scalp clean and take all the medications prescribed by your surgeon, you will not experience any of the side-effects. You should consult with the surgeon before to know about all the possible side-effects.
6. Can females opt for this hair restoration surgery?
Yes, of course. Hair transplant is suitable for both females and males and there is no restriction with respect to gender. Females can also restore their hair growth in balding areas.
7. What about results? Do they look natural or not?
Yes. Since the donor hairs, which are the natural hair, are taken from your scalp and implanted at the targeted area, the results are natural. The transplanted hair are real hairs that grow just like natural hairs to restore your receding hairline. You can trim or style them as per your choice.
8. What about Hair Transplant Results? Is it permanent or not?
Yes, hair transplant is the only technique that offers a permanent solution to the stop hair loss problem. The transplanted hair do not fall again so you don’t have to worry as the results are for the lifetime.
9. How to take care of transplanted hair after the surgery?
You have to be very careful with the transplanted hair if you want to have a smooth recovery and successful results.
- You should not involve in any strenuous physical activities like sports, gym, weight lifting or exercise.
- Should sleep by keeping your head elevated.
- Avoid touching the treatment site unnecessarily.
- Do not wash your head soon after the treatment.
- Do not pick at the scabs.
- Keep the scalp clean.
- Take all the prescribed medicines regularly to avoid pain and infection.
10. Is there any chance of scarring due to hair transplant?
Yes. Both FUT and FUE hair transplant techniques cause scarring. However, the difference is that FUT causes a noticeable and linear scar but FUE leaves very small, circular and white scars that are hardly visible.
Hair transplant is a very old yet incredible treatment to get rid of bald patches on your scalp. You can regain your confidence and lost hair by opting for any of the hair transplantation techniques. But first, consult with an experienced surgeon. The chances of success are higher if you get the treatment from a certified surgeon who knows how to perform the procedure according to the standard protocols. An inexperienced surgeon can spoil the results for you by putting your scalp at the risk of infection and damage.
Bio: Hamna is a health Blogger and a medical writer who loves writing about different topics on health. She has been educating her readers about the various cosmetic surgery procedures for quite a long time. Other than that she loves gardening and reading books.