A study laptop should be ideal for specific tasks, because everyone learns something different. The most important thing for schoolchildren is the ability to write texts, create presentations and receive assignments via the Internet.
For students of creative universities – support for images and renders (pictures made using computer programs), and for programmers, computing power is critical. One good option you can go with closed eyes is Matebook d15 as it falls right within the good parameters given below. Thus, it all comes down to several parameters, which we will also talk about.
Different manufacturers offer different diagonals. The maximum is about 17 inches. The smallest laptops have 11-inch screens. The larger the screen, the generally heavier the laptop itself, and the less portable it is.
- Smaller devices are good because they are convenient to take with you, they fit into any bag or backpack. The downside is that it is difficult to see the details on the screen. Even if you don’t need high power, your eyesight will have to strain.
- Large laptops do not always fit into bags, you have to look for them in stores or order them specially. Such models are less popular, and most often these are gaming devices that spend more time on the table.
- The best notebooks for study come in 13 or 15 inches. It is for them that most bags and backpacks are intended. Also, such laptops are not too heavy for schoolchildren and students.
How powerful a computer is can be understood by its characteristics. Basically, the processor is responsible for this. In its properties, you need to look at the series and frequency.
- An Intel Core i3 or AMD Pro A-Series processor is suitable for light workloads. It can handle creating presentations, texts and even simple videos. Social networks and web surfing will not be a problem for him either. However, this processor will not handle “demanding” games.
- A Core i5 – i7 or AMD Ryzen 5–7 processor is suitable for those who work with graphics and music. Plus, he can handle games too.
- The best and most expensive option is a Core i9 or Ryzen 9 processor. It is worth choosing if you plan to render graphics or use the maximum processing power to create programs and applications.
Most commonly, laptops are sold with processor options from both Microsoft and AMD. There are few differences between them, but AMD-based devices are less common.
The amount of RAM in any laptop is an important indicator. It is worth choosing an option depending on what tasks you plan to perform.
- Standard modern parameters are from 8 to 32 GB of RAM.
- A small amount of RAM is enough only for simple tasks: even video editing programs or Photoshop can freeze if the laptop has only 8 GB of memory.
- If you need to create digital drawings, you should pay attention to models with 16 GB or more. The same goes for those who make music.
- For the most complex tasks (graphics, 3D or video editing), you will need 32 GB or more.
On modern laptops, an SSD drive is most often used, since it works faster than an HDD, which means that it loads programs and opens files faster.
- Text files do not require much space. If you plan to deal mainly with their creation, 128 GB or 256 GB of memory is enough.
- Graphics need a lot more space: even if you buy a laptop with 512GB or 1TB storage, you will most likely need to buy an external hard drive. In this regard, there are not so many alternatives, and it is safer to store pictures and photographs on a third-party medium.
- The best option for other tasks is exactly 512 GB. This amount of memory is enough for storing data and programs. And the cost of a laptop is within reasonable limits.
Laptops never run exactly as long as stated in the description. Their battery life depends directly on how actively you use the device. Videos and the launch of “demanding” programs land the laptop much faster than opening text files or surfing the web. Optimum run times vary between 5-6 hours at average load.
If you only use text files, for example, for taking notes or writing a thesis, then the laptop can work for the maximum specified time, usually up to 9 hours.