What could be the causes of a headache? Among the most likely are stress, fatigue, high blood pressure, or even poor posture. However, sometimes a headache may be due to another type of stimulus that you probably don’t even know about.
Therefore, today we will talk about unusual factors that cause headaches, and try to understand why so many people regularly suffer from this ailment.
Unusual Causes Of Headache
Recurrent headaches usually do not require medical attention. However, if you suffer from daily and severe headaches, it is advisable that you go to the doctor so that he/she can prescribe the most appropriate treatment for you depending on your case. If you often suffer from headaches and don’t always find an explanation for them, this list may help you identify the cause. Do not miss it!
Cold As A Cause Of Headache
Headache during a cold or allergy is quite common. Here are its main triggers:
- Prolonged cough
- Repeated sneezing
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes for a long time
As you can see, these are small physiological symptoms that are considered normal. But if you have a cold and constantly sneeze and blow your nose, you are likely to have a headache at the end of the day.
Headache Due To Alcohol Abuse
Alcohol abuse leads to headaches, including cluster headaches and migraines. Moreover, 30 percent of people who experience migraine report alcohol to be a trigger. Thus, if your headache does not go away, probably alcohol abuse is to blame.
You can get rid of this health problem by quitting the addiction. For this, you need to find a suitable treatment center and qualified doctors. So without delay, browse alcohol and drug rehab doctors near me to reach out top qualified experts.
Headache Due To Exposure To Cold
It is an uncommon and little-known headache causative agent. Its seizure may be associated with the following situations:
- You are in a cold room or in cold air for a long time. This happens especially often in the summer when the air conditioner is running at full capacity
- You took a cold shower
- Got wet in the rain
- Drank very cold drinks
This type of headache is especially common in those who suffer from migraines.
Pressure Is A Common Cause Of Headaches
It is the pressure that is to blame for the incomprehensible headache that most people suffer from at the end of the working day. This is usually caused by external compression, due to the following circumstances:
- You wear a hat or cap for a long time without taking it off
- Wear headbands and tie hair for a whole day
- You constantly wear sunglasses or regular glasses
Headache During Sleep Or After Waking Up
We wake up in the middle of the night with a sudden attack of headache and, although it is not very severe, we cannot sleep for another half an hour. The same thing happens after we take a short nap in the afternoon. We wake up with dizziness and a slight headache. The cause of this pain is not exactly known, but it usually resolves quickly and does not relapse.
Headache After Using Gadgets
This is one of the most common types of headache in recent years. In fact, it is so common that doctors have already warned the patients that mobile phone and computer abuse is bad for your child’s health. The screens of all gadgets produce electromagnetic waves, which harm eyesight and provoke headaches.
Pay attention to the following facts:
- On average, a person spends about 5-6 hours in front of a computer screen every day, not counting the time that he looks at the screen of a mobile phone. All this leads to fatigue and redness of the eyes, back and neck pain, and headaches.
- To avoid such problems, experts recommend lowering the brightness of devices and placing them just below eye level. Also, do not look at the phone screen in bright daylight. The combination of sunlight and screen backlight is often a headache.
- It is also important to take breaks every 20 minutes. If you work at a computer, take at least 3 minutes of rest every 20 minutes. At this time, look at the window, at the wall, and allow yourself to relax. Also, remember to blink as often as possible to keep your eyes moist.
When Exactly Should A Headache Be Of Concern To You?
The work of Harvard University mentioned a number of aspects that need to be paid attention to. It doesn’t matter if you’re in pain yourself or someone else is. So here are the signs:
- If you feel that the usual process of headache has changed. That is if earlier it was a single phenomenon, and it quickly disappeared after taking an analgesic, but now it doesn’t.
- You should seek help from a specialist if you experience abnormally severe pain (this may be a symptom of a stroke)
- If the pain gets worse when you cough or move
- You should also assess whether this pain interferes with daily tasks
- Getting too much aggressive due to headaches is another sign to see a doctor.
- You should be on the lookout if you have a fever and neck stiffness
- If you also have a visual impairment, slurred speech, weakness, dizziness, then you need to call an ambulance as soon as possible
- Doctors warn that it is also not normal if the pain occurs suddenly during the night
- If you hit your head and the pain persists for a long time, you should also immediately go to the emergency room
We mentioned some unusual causes of headaches that you should be aware of in order to be able to prevent unpleasant sensations. Normally, headaches can go away on their own. But if they don’t, you should seek help from a doctor. It is important not to take such a health condition lightly.